Autor Thema: Km/Hr Mode  (Gelesen 3150 mal)

Offline Adrian L

• Senior-Mitglied
Km/Hr Mode
« am: 24. Februar 2011, 12:05:40 »
I feel like a real bunny, but I installed 2009.4b update and decided to have a go at the new wireless option.  When I press the nice new wireless icon it says "Network module only available when using a project with enabled 'km/h-mode'!

Well we went metric down here in 1974 so I can't believe that I would have set anything else. Anyway, I can't find reference in the manual and I have spent the last hour going through the menus. It is now 21:00 down here, I am tired and I have to go to work tomorrow.. Can someone please tell me where the setting for Km/hr is?

Thanks
Adrian
Adrian
WDP 2018.2d on Intel i5 (8Gb RAM) running Windows 10 Professional (64-bit) with ESU ECoS 50200 version 4.2.7, ESU Mobile Control II and LDT HSI-88 USB running Marklin M-track based layout - and loving it!
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    2018.2d
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    Marklin H0
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) Intel i5 (8Gb RAM) SSD

Offline Peterlin

• Administrator
  • Senior-Mitglied
    • www.windigipet.de
Re: Km/Hr Mode
« Antwort #1 am: 24. Februar 2011, 12:17:28 »
Hello Adrian,

Ok, you have to make a copy of your old project using the special Win-Digipet  project program. Give a new name and make a hook on "Using km/h in the project for Locos".

Thats all ! By the way, it's always better to use this new mode !

regards

Zu diesem Beitrag gehören 1 Anhäng(e). Um diese zu sehen oder zum Download müssen Sie sich einloggen.
Schöne Grüße aus Hürth
Peter Peterlin

Offline Adrian L

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #2 am: 25. Februar 2011, 14:28:49 »
Thanks Peter. It's so easy when you see the screen shots.. This is my original project, which has been upgraded version to version since my first purchase of WDP in 2004...  I will fix this in the morning as it is 23:31 down here and it was a long week at work..

Thanks again
Adrian
« Letzte Änderung: 25. Februar 2011, 14:31:00 von Adrian L »
Adrian
WDP 2018.2d on Intel i5 (8Gb RAM) running Windows 10 Professional (64-bit) with ESU ECoS 50200 version 4.2.7, ESU Mobile Control II and LDT HSI-88 USB running Marklin M-track based layout - and loving it!
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    2018.2d
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    Marklin H0
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:

Offline Adrian L

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #3 am: 27. Februar 2011, 08:14:06 »
Worked perfectly and the Ipod Touch tool is very handy..

Thanks
Adrian
Adrian
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    2018.2d
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    Marklin H0
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:

Offline André Grandmaison

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #4 am: 20. April 2011, 18:49:10 »
Hi,
I used the previous information to put my system in KM/H.
But I have a trouble with profile, old info are keep in old system, when I modifie the profile it's come in Vitesse, that ok. I have suppress several profiles and recreated it, as the profile is create old value are showed (not KM/H),
and some are V075, when the value is old that is the correct value from the started speed of a selected loco, and there are several lines of profile for the same loco with a starting speed of V075, that is to much for most situation and need to be correct line by line. Where comes that value?
Best regards
André
Best regards
André
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    HO CS2 2 boosters 60174 for network and booster power for signal and turnover. 40 trains MM, DCC, MFX
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Intel LGA775l 2x 3Mghz  8Gbytes 2 x STATA

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #5 am: 22. April 2011, 16:59:25 »
Additional request about km/h
After the change in km/h , the speed mesuring is available on each loco properties, but after using this mesurement , the start speed is desappeared, is the blue point the center of diagram ?
Best regards
André
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    HO CS2 2 boosters 60174 for network and booster power for signal and turnover. 40 trains MM, DCC, MFX
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:

Offline Stefan Lersch

• Senior-Mitglied
    • Infos zum Down-Syndrom alias Trisomie 21
« Antwort #6 am: 22. April 2011, 17:03:21 »
Hi André,

it is correct that after meassuring the start speed disappears - it's no longer needed. WDP knows now the real speed of the loco so the start speed is always 0 km/h.
Viele Grüße,
Stefan
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WDP 2021.x Beta
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    N-Anlage im Bau, Minitrix &amp Co., Tams MC 2.2.3, DCC
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Quad Core 8 GB mit Win 10, 32"quot Bildschirm

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #7 am: 22. April 2011, 17:20:53 »
Thanks Stefen,
I am disturbed by this new interpretation, several locos are able to go up to 200km/h. but depending the king of train , waggon people or goods, I want limite at 120 or 80 km/h , is the speed limite the good way?
previously, the starting speed was the running speed.
Oslo the speed indication into the profile, I notice that only section modified recenly by the routes editor, gives the km/h into the loco editors.
That not simply.
Best regards
André
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:

Offline Markus Herzog

• Administrator
  • Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #8 am: 22. April 2011, 18:06:48 »
Hello André,

With km/h mode we are only talking about absolute speeds. This is a great advantage against the old relative to starting speed thing.

Now you have to measure the locomotive only once and if your route now states 70 km/h it will run with 70 km/h for a locomotive with max 100 km/h as well as for a locomotive with max 200 km/h.

If you want to limit locomotives with very high max speed (e.g. because their model in 1:1 has a lower max speed) you have to possibilities:
1. Pull down the upper border of the measurement window, so that a red line will appear. From this moment on WDP will limit the locomotives max speed to this value. But this method has the disadvantage of loosing speed steps, so better...
2. Try to limit the locomotives max speed by reprogramming the decoder and then make the measurment again.

After some experience with km/h you will never want the old relative stuff back...

Regards
Markus
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WDP 2021.x Beta
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    3-Leiter Anlage, Rollendes Material Märklin/Roco/Brawa/Mehano, Fahren: DCC, m3 via Tams MC, Schalten/Melden: Selectrix, BiDiB, Motorola (nur wenige Sonderaufgaben)
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Intel i7

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #9 am: 28. April 2011, 10:11:37 »
Thanks Markus,
I agree with this new principle, the only probleme is that the migration of more than 5000 lines of profil will take several weeks.
Bye
Best regards
André
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
  • Rechnerkonfiguration: