Autor Thema: Greetings from a newbie and a points question  (Gelesen 2703 mal)

Offline Panic Button

• Junior-Mitglied
Greetings from a newbie and a points question
« am: 30. Oktober 2011, 12:54:17 »
 :) Hello everyone. My name is Lee. Firstly I would like to say hello to everyone as I am new here. Also I would like to congratulate Windigipet on a superb product.
I live in Spain and have been useing the Spanish demo version for approximately 9 months and little by little things have been advancing happily.
Lately I have a niggly little problem. The situation is that I have two trains on an oval track. On one side of the oval is a two track siding and on the other side is a three track station. That is with two sets of three-way peco points. I have a route that means one train (Train 1) is in the station on track one waiting. I now want the the other train (Train 2) to arrive at the station at track two and stop. When this happens I have an option on Train 2 that changes a signal that creates the condition for train 1 to start (profile-switch to green) in the opposite direction from train 1.
The problem is that before train two arrives to the destination point, where in the route profile, the signal/solenoid, should have a ten second delay to allow all the carriages to enter platform/track2, the points and signal/solenoid change as soon as train one enters track/platform two. The result is that the points change before all the carriages have entered the track/platform 2 and resulting derailment. How can I delay points/solenoid/signal change. Obviously there is something I am not doing correctly (thats normal).Can someone help with this annoying problem please.
Thank you and regards to everyone on the forum.  :D 

Offline Stefan Lersch

• Senior-Mitglied
    • Infos zum Down-Syndrom alias Trisomie 21
Re: Greetings from a newbie and a points question
« Antwort #1 am: 30. Oktober 2011, 18:32:48 »
Ola!

Which version of Windigipet do you use and what do you run? AC or DC?

Might it be you have some typos in your text?
for train 1 to start (profile-switch to green) in the opposite direction from train 1.

Do you mean in the opposite direction from train 2? Are the trains 1 and 2 running in opposite directions?

as soon as train one enters track/platform two. 
I think train 1 is on track 1?
Viele Grüße,
Stefan
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WDP 2021.x Beta
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    N-Anlage im Bau, Minitrix &amp Co., Tams MC 2.2.3, DCC
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Quad Core 8 GB mit Win 10, 32"quot Bildschirm

Offline Panic Button

• Junior-Mitglied
« Antwort #2 am: 30. Oktober 2011, 19:09:08 »
 :) Hello Stefan Lersch.
1/. My version of WDP is a Demo version, 2009 - 11.1.117, running through a Uhlenbrock Intellibox II, AC.
2/. The trains are running in opposite directions.
3/. Train 1 is on track/platform 1. Train 2 is arriving from the opposite direction to arrive at track/platform 2.

(I wrote in the text the word signal. That should read switch type 0060 K84 symbol ).
Hopefully that may help to make things clearer.
Regards Lee

Offline Stefan Lersch

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #3 am: 30. Oktober 2011, 19:30:56 »
Hello Lee,

it seems that your stop contact is too long. Is it possible to divide your stop contact into two contacts? The stop contact should be that far away that your train is completely on track 2. A software solutions without dividing the stop contact is possible but the other solution is better.
Viele Grüße,
Stefan
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WDP 2021.x Beta
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    N-Anlage im Bau, Minitrix &amp Co., Tams MC 2.2.3, DCC
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Quad Core 8 GB mit Win 10, 32"quot Bildschirm

Offline Panic Button

• Junior-Mitglied
« Antwort #4 am: 30. Oktober 2011, 20:01:53 »
 :) Hello Stefan.
I have another post in the Spanish forum and I have found a solution (well the solution was found for me) by creating a profile whereby the switch is included in the tour with train two. As train two arrives at track two ,in the profile there is now a delay of ten seconds that allows the complete train time to enter into the station. The problem was that I was marking the switch in the options box on train two which was creating a condition for train 1. As soon as I removed the switch option from train 2, the profile took over and everything now works perfectly.
I thank you for your interest and patience. You may need some more as I will probably have more questions as I go along. But I suppose that that is what the forum is for .
Thanks and regards Lee  :)

Offline Stefan Lersch

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #5 am: 30. Oktober 2011, 20:18:16 »
Hello Lee,

absolutly! Good that it works now.
Viele Grüße,
Stefan
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WDP 2021.x Beta