Autor Thema: Märklin Locomotive Speed inconsistancy with WDP  (Gelesen 2652 mal)

Offline dconner

• Senior-Mitglied
Märklin Locomotive Speed inconsistancy with WDP
« am: 27. Juni 2011, 19:10:48 »
 ::) Dear Bernd Sanger & other helpfull enthusiasts,
    Bernd spent a few hours of his free time trying to solve my speed inconsistancy problem in April, I was experiencing with four Loks I had upgraded with the Märklin 60760 decoder & 5 arm motor. Using WDP 2009.5 English version these locomotives ran with a constant speed for about four seconds and then speeded up for about one second, then returning to the slower speed etc.. I have experienced the same same problem with the Regional Express 218 from Märklin, which I have not modified in any way.
                                The one thing we did not try was controling these Loks using only the Märklin CS2, WDP was nowhere in the circuit. I have this evening tried this configuration & all Loks ran with a constant speed, that is no speed variation was observed. I'm on vacation until 8th. July during this time with no internet access, but any ideas / solutions will gratefully acknowledged latter on.
                                 Thanking you all in advance, with Best Regards-David CONNER.
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    märklin c gleis
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    DR5000 plus router

Offline dconner

• Senior-Mitglied
Re: Märklin Locomotive Speed inconsistancy with WDP
« Antwort #1 am: 21. Juli 2011, 17:50:49 »
 ::)Dear Bernd Senger & other enthusiasts,
                        I still have the same problem with locomotived speeding up & slowing down with WDP 9.5 English version. Under CS2 control-no problem. Just one pioint to make is that the loks with this problem have a DECODER TYPE :-

MM2 Programmable in the CS2 data base.

I can not find this decoder type in my version of WDP, perhaps that is the problem ?

Any ideas, suggestions etc., will be most welcome. Thanking you all in advance, with best regards-David CONNER.

• Win-Digipet-Version:
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    märklin c gleis
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    DR5000 plus router

Offline Markus Herzog

• Administrator
  • Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #2 am: 21. Juli 2011, 21:52:59 »
Hi David,

you should use for MM2 Programmable in WDP Motorola 2(14), this is the suitable decoder type. I just made some experiments with such decoders and WDP English version and I didn´t found any of your problems.

Which firmware version is installed on your CS2. I use 1.5.2.

Regards
Markus
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WDP 2021.x Beta
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    3-Leiter Anlage, Rollendes Material Märklin/Roco/Brawa/Mehano, Fahren: DCC, m3 via Tams MC, Schalten/Melden: Selectrix, BiDiB, Motorola (nur wenige Sonderaufgaben)
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Intel i7

Offline dconner

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #3 am: 22. Juli 2011, 10:45:24 »
 :(Dear Markus,
                    Than you very much for your input regarding my locomotive speed inconstancy problem. I have once again set my BR218 (The unit with the original Märklin decoder) to Motorola 2(14) on my WDP 9.5. The problem is still there but not so pronounced as with some of the other decoder types. If I remember correctly, on Bernd Senger's visit this was one of his first suggestions, then all decoder types were implemented with the same problem. My CS2 firmware (software version ?) is the same as yours. It is very iteresting that you don't have the same problem, so I would love to know what am I doing incorrectly ?
                    Once again many thanks for your help, and have a great weekend.

M.f.G.

Dave CONNER
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    märklin c gleis
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    DR5000 plus router

Offline dconner

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #4 am: 29. Dezember 2011, 11:14:35 »
 :)Dear Markus & Bernd,
                               I have just installed a new Märklin decoder 60942 (MfX) on one of my problem locomotives. Extensive testing with my WDP indicates that my "Speed Problem" has been resolved, that is over a broad range of speed control settings, everything is now consistant.
                                Once again many thanks for your help and I wish you all a great New Year !!
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    märklin c gleis
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    DR5000 plus router